Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Marriage To Faith

     Faith is what pleases God, and that's what I want to do.  Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the

evidence of  things not seen.  Since faith is what pleases God, my life is a magnet to faith.  I got hit by a

car when I was seven years old.  Was in a coma for three months and doctors told my family I would

die.  If I did live, I'd have to live the rest of my life on a respirator. They also said I would be a vegetable.

 They continued saying there was no sense in sending me to school because I wouldn't be able to remember

anything.  But I serve a God who can make a way out of no way.  They said I was brain damaged, but I say

I was brain delivered.  After three months passed, by the grace of God, I woke up and the first thing I said

was, "What am I doing with these diapers on?"

     When I came home, I wouldn't let anyone do anything for me because I knew God didn't restore my

life to be dependent on no one who was no higher than I was.  I was seven years old then in the second

grade, and now I'm thirty-nine years old with a few years of college under my belt.  I'm a writer with one

book published and am working on my second book.  Many people told me it would be very difficult

to be a successful writer.  I held onto the scripture, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

me."  (Philippians 4:13)  I continued persisting  to get my book published, and by the grace of God

I met a lady who published it.  I knew it was a blessing from God.  I also hold this scripture, (Psalm 21

:2) You have granted him his heart's desire and have not withheld the requests of his lips.  Faith became

my source I heard the word of God.  God's word is powerful and effective, is useful for teaching, correcting,

rebuking, and training in righteousness.  (2 Timothy 3:16).  My marriage to faith won't experience separation

or divorce, because I don't know where I'd be without it.  I hold tightly to our marriage, and that's the force

that holds our marriage together: Faith.

                                        Ki Radiance
                                        Sunday April 28, 2013
                                        1:22 c Copyright- All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment