Friday, April 4, 2014

Order My Steps in Your Word

For most of my life,  I've cringed when people told me what to do.  I've persisted to make my own

decisions, which got me in trouble.  My pride usually got me in trouble.  It took me on dangerous

rides.  Rides like getting into fights because I was jealous of other people or they were jealous

of me.  Jealousy separates close friends.  I've unintentionally been down this road many times before.

I ask you, Dear Lord, to order my steps in your word.  You've given me the 10 Commandments

to live by.  (Deuteronomy 5:7-21).  You shall have no other gods before me.  You shall not make

for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters

below.  You shall not bow down to them or worship them: for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous

God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generations of those

who hate me but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my

commandments.  You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold

anyone guiltless who misuses his name.  Observe the Sabbath Day by keeping it holy, as the Lord

your God has commanded you. Six days

you shall labor and do all of your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God.  On it,

you shall not do any work, neither you nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant,

nor your ox, your donkey, or any of your animals, nor the alien within your gates:  so that your 

manservant and maidservant may rest as you do.  Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and

that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.  

Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath Day.  Honor your mother 


and your father, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may

go well with you in the land that your God has given you.  You shall not murder.  You shall not 

commit adultery.  You shall not steal.  You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.  You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house 

or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.  

Order my steps in your word.  I want to be a mirror of your existence.  Your every step I want to talk 

in.  Your every word I want to speak.  Your every emotion I want to feel and express.  Your every

temptation I want to remember God's word and speak it to them.  The only things that must be 

ordered for me to be prosperous in life are my steps in your word.

                                                                                Ki Radiance
                                                           Thursday, April 3, 2014  9:54 p.m.
                                                            c Copyright-- All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment