Sunday, July 8, 2012

I'm Beautiful Because My Example Is Beautiful

     Most people are attracted to these kinds of people.  Beautiful people, which I am one of.  Jesus Christ is

my example in walking in this path.  He mirrors his Father: God Almighty, who is beautiful himself., which is

a characteristic I persist in imitating daily.  I extended my wheelchair to people at work, (AMC Star

Theaters).  Some of my co-workers asked me, "Why did you give your wheelchair away?"  I responded

with, "Those people needed it more than I do.  I have ability to walk, they don't."  My co-workers

responded in amazement, "Wow Shakira, your heart is beautiful."  Managers were so amazed with my

heart, they contacted the Oakland Newspaper who came out and had an interview with me on my

generosity.  The reporter asked, "What gives you the compassion to give your wheelchair away?"  I

responded, "It's not a question of what but who.  Jesus Christ does.  He had compassion for us when

he died on the cross for our sins.  He had compassion for us when he too on the beatings we deserved."

     I'm beautiful because in the literature I write, my ambition is to open people's eyes and move their

hearts closer to God.  To express our crucial need for and dependence on God.  I have a calm and quiet

spirit that sees far beyond limitations of this world.  Jesus Christ isn't of this world, so how could I be of

it if he's my example?  Most people have always told me,  Shakira, you have a beautiful smile."  It's

beautiful because it's a reflection of Christ' spirit in me.  I wrap my heart and mind up in God's word.

That's why each piece of literature I write can be backed up with scriptures.  I asked asked one of

my brothers in Christ, "Why can all of my literature be backed up with scripture?"  I thought that was scary.

He asked, "You really don't  know?  Cause your heart is on God twenty-four hours, seven days a week."

Even without trying, his word comes out in my literature.  Im the instrument.  He's the Creator.  Everyday

I persist to reflect the beauty of Jesus Christ.  My determination shows how beautiful I am, because I'm

claiming, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  (Philippians 4:13)  Everyday I put on

the full armor of God with my placed exactly where Christ' heart is placed:  on what benefits other people.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Question is: What are they holding?  They're holding other people's

benefits in the highest esteem, because they trust God with their benefits and where he would hold theirs.

When mirroring my heart with Jesus Christ' heart, they resemble each other in beauty, because we believe

what we give away towards other people's benefits will return to us.  Jesus Christ is beautiful because he

imitates God, and I imitate Jesus Christ, which makes me beautiful too.

                                                  Ki Radiance
                                                  Sunday March 29, 2009
                                                  8:05 p.m. c Copyright- All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment